June 9, 2008

Cebu: Things of interest

Expecting that I wouldn't have the time or chance to do real sightseeing in Cebu, I just went around the block looking for items of interest. I found three things of the same theme - COINS!

1. Coin-operated PC's: 1 Peso=3 minutes (boot time not included)
Kids were more than eager to show me how the thing worked. What really impressed me was not the many games installed, or the sheer novelty of the thing, but that the boot time was less than 5 minutes! XP over Vista anytime!



2. Coin-operated juice dispenser: 1 Peso=4 oz. orange juice
a> get plastic container from mug
b> place plastic under faucet
c> insert coin
d> enjoy juice drink!


3. Coin gambling | requirements: no paper bills allowed, no males, no females under 50, no funny poses for pictures


That's it. Aside from the small jeepneys, Cebu isn't too bad. I would even go so far as saying its people are waaay nicer than those in Manila. Taxi drivers give exact change and their meters aren't hacked mods and food is way way way cheaper than in Manila. Maybe next time I'll get to do some sightseeing. Maybe.

3 Comments:

At 10:10 AM , Blogger Joy said...

honey, i was looking at the pictures on the camera and i couldn't quite figure out what they were..the blog helped! =) tsktsk...thanks for the goodies =) next time let's go sightseeing! =)

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger Joy said...

hun, hanep yung alikabok sa taas ng pc!! no wonder you got allergies and conjunctivitis! yakyakyakyakyak! =)

 
At 2:34 AM , Blogger Aji said...

Haha, I didn't use it. I just popped a peso in and the kids took over. I just took pictures and the owner was more than happy to explain how the thing worked.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home